Flourless QuicheFrom 240brick 9 years ago
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup cooked meat (chicken, beef, lean pork, etc) finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 4 ounces grated cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk powder (optional; adds body and additional protein) shopping list
- salt, pepper, freshly-ground nutmeg (to taste) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- non-stick cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onion in olive oil, until tender and translucent. Allow to cool.
- In large bowl, beat eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl; stir to combine.
- Spray gratin pan, shallow pie pan, or other cooking pan with non-stick spray. Pour mixture into pan.
- Place the quiche pan into a larger baking pan (such as a lasagna pan). Add about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch of hot water to the larger pan. Avoid getting water into quiche mixture!
- Bake at 300 degrees until quiche is firm, but still jiggles when shaken, about 40 minutes.