Crockpot Beef BrisketFrom coldfan01 6 years ago
- 6 lbs of beef brisket shopping list
- 6 tablespoons of your favorite BBQ spice rub shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of liquid smoke shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of honey shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar shopping list
- 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce shopping list
How to make it
- The first step is to trim off any excess fat from the brisket. There tends to be a layer on the top that is about 1/4 inch thick. The meat has plenty of interior marbling so you will still end up with moist brisket even if you trim off the top fat. In a small bowl mix together the Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, water, honey and brown sugar until evenly blended. Put the brisket in a large bowl or pan and pour the liquid mixture over the meat, turning the meat multiple times until evenly coated. Pour out any excess liquid mixture that has not been absorbed by the meat. Add your dry rub liberally to the brisket (don't hold back, the more the merrier here) and make sure all sides are evenly covered. Put the brisket in a plastic bag (I would double up to make sure sauce doesn't drip into the fridge) and leave for 24 hours.
- Put the brisket into your crockpot and set on low for 12 hours. Pour a little BBQ sauce on top of the meat and then let cook for 12 hours. Once completed, put the brisket in a pan and shred using 2 forks. There should be a decent amount of liquid left in the crockpot from the juices of the brisket. Using a large spoon, drizzle the 1/2 of the remaining juices over the meat (this adds some moisture back to the meat as well as flavor).
The Cookcoldfan01 Oak Harbor, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!