Chop Chop Chicky Pita FillingFrom hezzytantcook 5 years ago
- olive oil for stir frying (about 2 tablespoons...less, if you use cooking spray) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup slice halved carrot coins shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion (yellow will do) shopping list
- 2 cups sliced cabbage (or shreded) shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- garlic powder to taste shopping list
- 1 cup cooked cubed or chopped chicken shopping list
- 1/4 cup prepared thousand island dressing shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper (optional) shopping list
- 2 six inch pitas shopping list
- two thick slices tomato cut into 12 pieces (for garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- Salte the celery, carrots, and red onion over medium heat stirring constantly for about 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage, chicken, and spices, cooking until cabbage begins to wilt and chicken is heated.
- Remove all to bowl and stir in the thousand island dressing
- Optionally top with freshly ground black pepper
- Spoon into four pita halves
- Garnish with tomato segments
- Serve warm.