Slow Cooker Italian Pork ChopsFrom modelsmom 4 years ago
- 4 thick, bone-in pork chops, at least 1 inch thick, blotted dry. shopping list
- 8oz mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 large yellow or red bell pepper, seeded and julienned shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 (8oz) cans tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 T balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2 T fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried basil shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 2 T cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold water shopping list
How to make it
- Brown the pork chops on both sides.
- In the slow cooker, combine the mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Place the chops on top.
- In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, vinegar, parsley, oregano, basil, and salt. Pour over the chops.
- Cover and cook on LOW until the meat is tender, 6 to 8 hours.
- Transfer the pork to a platter and tent with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Transfer the tomato sauce to a saucepan. In a small bowl, whisk together the water and cornstarch until smooth, and stir into the sauce.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
The Cookmodelsmom Worcester, MA
The Rating5 people
Another goody!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Yum Yum Yum ^5 :)donman in Hammond loved it
Yes, yes, yes! High 5 to you - wonderful sounding recipe. On the board for next week for dinner.
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!