Layered Ice Cream CakeFrom mrsc543 7 years ago
- 15 Oreo cookies shopping list
- 1 Tbsp milk shopping list
- 8 to 9 ice cream sandwiches, depending on the size shopping list
- 1 pint mint chocolate chip ice cream shopping list
- 1 pint vanilla frozen yogurt shopping list
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream or frozen yogurt shopping list
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed shopping list
How to make it
- Coat bottom and side of a 9-inch round springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line side with waxed paper, using spray to help adhere to pan. Trim paper to height of pan.
- Finely crush 12 of the Oreo cookies in a food processor.
- Add milk and pulse just until mixture holds together. Set aside.
- Unwrap 4 ice cream sandwiches. Working quickly, cut each in quarters.
- Stack strips of sandwiches on end, packing them snugly together, around the outside edge of waxed paper lined pan to form a stand up edge.
- Spoon cookie crumbs into center of pan; press firmly over bottom and freeze for one hour.
- Remove all three flavors of ice cream or frozen yogurt from freezer and let soften for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Transfer mint ice cream to a small bowl and stir until it is a good but firm spreading consistency.
- Repeat with vanilla and strawberry ice cream or yogurt.
- Remove pan from freezer and spread mint ice cream on bottom over crust then top with vanilla and strawberry, spreading all layers level.
- Top with thawed whipped topping, swirling decoratively.
- Crush remaining 3 cookies and sprinkle over cake.
- Return to freezer and freeze overnight.