Taco Bell Cheesy Fiesta PotatoesFrom coachsmom 5 years ago
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 2 pounds large white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" cubes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups cubed Velveeta cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup of your favorite salsa shopping list
- tabasco to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream, divided shopping list
- 1 green onion, chopped (green part only) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 475.
- In a ziplock bag, mix garlic powder and cumin together; add the cubed potatoes, seal the ziplock and toss it all together until potatoes are coated evenly.
- In a large heavy skillet, over medium heat melt the oil and butter together.
- Add the seasoned potatoes and cook, stirring frequently, until they're a nice golden brown, about 10 minutes; cover and cook an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the sauted potatoes to a nonstick baking sheet and bake at 475 degrees for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are nice and crisp.
- When potatoes are almost done baking, place the cubed velveeta, salsa and tabasco in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute; stir and microwave another minute; stir again and microwave for 1 more minute, then stir until smooth.
- For each serving, place some potatoes in a bowl, then pour over 1/4 of the melted velveeta cheese sauce, top with some sour cream, then sprinkle with chopped green onion.