Salmon ChiliFrom myrna 7 years ago
- 1/2 lb dry white beans shopping list
- 4 cups vegetable broth shopping list
- 1/8 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup diced onions shopping list
- 1 cup diced celery shopping list
- 1/4 cup each red, yellow, orange bell peppers shopping list
- 3 tbsp chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 cup white wine shopping list
- 28-oz can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tbsp Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 4 tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 1 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped basil shopping list
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley shopping list
- 2 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 1 lb salmon, diced into 1-inch pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the white beans in water overnight. Drain, then cook the beans in 2 cups of the vegetable broth (enough to cover) until tender, about 25 minutes. If you start running out of liquid, add water. (*NOTE: I had to add quite a bit of water and cook it for longer than 25 mins.)
- Saute the onions, celery, and peppers in the olive oil to soften. Add the garlic and cool for 1 minute. Add the wine and reduce for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Drain the cooked beans and add to the pot along with the Tabasco, tomato paste, the remaining 2 cups vegetable broth, and herbs and spices. Simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Add the salmon and simmer for another 3-4 minutes until just cooked through. Stir carefully to incorporate the seafood without breaking it up too much.
- 6 Servings
The Cookmyrna Leuven, BE
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!