Slow Cooker Braised Beef in EspressoFrom modelsmom 6 years ago
- 3lbs beef stew meat, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks, and blotted dry shopping list
- 2 T flour shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- pinch pepper shopping list
- 3 T olive oil shopping list
- 2 onions, chopped shopping list
- 3 carrots, cut into 2-inch chunks shopping list
- 4 new or white potatoes, diced shopping list
- 6 small turnips, peeled and quartered shopping list
- 1 cup strong coffee shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 cup red wine shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the flour with the salt and pepper.
- Add the beef and toss, shaking off the excess.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 1/2 T of oil until very hot. Add the beef in batches and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the onions to the skillet and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the cooker.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, and turnips to the cooker.
- Add the coffee and thyme to the cooker.
- Pour the wine into the skillet and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly and scraping up any browned bits stuck to the pan. Pour into the slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours.
- Correct the seasonings and serve.