Slow Cooker Easy Tomato KetchupFrom modelsmom 4 years ago
- 1 (28oz) can tomato puree shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium shallot, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground mace shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper flakes shopping list
- sea salt, to taste shopping list
- black pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor, combine the tomato puree, onion, and shallot, and process just until smooth.
- Add the vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, allspice, cinnamon, mace, ginger, cloves, and pepper flakes, and pulse to combine.
- Pour into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and continue to cook the ketchup on HIGH, stirring a few times, until the mixture has thickened to the desired consistency, 30 minutes to 1 hour. You want it to be able to plop off a spoon.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn off the cooker and let the ketchup cool to room temperature in the crock.
- Scrape with a spatula into a spring-top glass jar.
- Store, covered, in the fridge for up to 2 months.
The Cookmodelsmom Worcester, MA
The Rating3 people
Sounds yummy to me. I will try it soon.dollhead in Mechanicville loved it
I must try this. I am looking for a great ketchup recipe. I made one but it was to thick. I need to pour it all back into a pan and add some tomato juice. I just want to be able to squeeze it out of the bottles I saved to put it in!!!! This wil...moretuilelaith in Columbia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!