Spicy Shrimp ScampiFrom cheflette 8 years ago
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 5 Tbs butter shopping list
- 5 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp Ground white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (I usually add more) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp Dried oregano shopping list
- juice of 1 1/2 lemons shopping list
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- 6 Tbs Italian bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 lb of Cooked fettucini or linguine shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter with the olive oil in a saute' pan.
- When the mixture is hot, add the garlic, white pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano, and cayenne pepper making sure to stir well.
- When garlic looks cooked but not brown (about 3 minutes), add the Shrimp. Toss the Shrimp about in the pan, coating them with the spiced oil.
- Add the lemon juice and keep tossing over the heat.
- Quickly add the parsley, bread crumbs, and Parmesan.
- Toss to coat completely. The Shrimp should now be bright pink and cooked through.
- Place the pan under the broiler until cheese looks melted (1 - 2 minutes).
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve over the cooked pasta, with additional Parmesan sprinkled over the top.
The Cookcheflette Albuquerque, NM
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!