angel hair exotique with chickenFrom viejoverde 6 years ago
- 1.5 lbs fresh angel hair or very thinspaghetti shopping list
- 6 skinless chicken breast halves or thighs shopping list
- 3 tablespoons tomatoe paste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon middle eastern spices shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- small onion chopped shopping list
- 1 cup of water shopping list
- 1/3 teaspoon salt shopping list
- ................................................. shopping list
- 5 large onions peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 can cooked chickpeas drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 cup of sultanas shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of cinammon shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- you will need 1 large and deep frying pan. one pot to cook the chicken in and a third for cooking the spaghetti.
- in a pot put some olive oil and heat on medium,add onions and saute for a minture. add chicken and cook for about 3 minutes on one side, turn chicekn over add spices,black and red pepper, toos in order coat chicken with the spices and pepper mix. and cook for another 3 minutes. mix 1/2 cup of water with the tomato paste and spread over the chicken. in orde coat the chicken. lower heat to simmer. and let chicken cook gently for about 20 minutes.
- mean time , in the frying pan , heat butter and add onion and cook on medium to high heat. stirring frequently in order avoid burning . for about 7 minutes or till onions start getting a golden colour and
- becoming soft. add sultanas and cinammon and mix well. cover
- and cook for another 5 minutes on medium heat. uncover add chickpeas and cover again.
- meantime in boiling pot cook spaghetti as directed.. in 6 serving plates devide spaghetti, top with the onions medley. with a lrge spoon spread some of the tomato sauce on top and finally put a piece of chicken on top of each dish.
- IT COULD BE SLIGHTLY TIME CONSUMING BUT IT IS SO WORTHWHILE THE EFFORT. AS IT IS DIFFERENT TO A LOT OF US
- UNLESS IT WAS COOKED FOR YOU BY A LADY FROM THAT PART OF THE WORLD
- ENJOY .