Pumpkin Butterscotch Chip SquaresFrom lor 5 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2-1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup canned pumpkin shopping list
- 1 pkg. butterscotch or chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a glass 13 x 9 inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, spices, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar on medium high speed
- until smooth, beat in egg and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in pumpkin puree which may look somewhat curdled.
- Reduce speed to low and mix in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in butterscotch or chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake until edges begin to pull away from the sides of pan and a toothpick comes out with just a few stuck crumbs, approximately 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Ice if you like or sprinkle with confectioners' sugar after it has completely cooled.
- Depending on the size you cut, you should get at least 16 squares.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating6 people
This sounds just delicious! a wonderful
way to begin the 'Autumn Season'~
Thank-you so much for sharing~
I added the recipe to some of my 'Groups'~
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
I can taste it, it sounds delicious.
A great recipe, thank you.
5 forks from me.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
yummy post... and different with the butterscotch chips...five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Cookies And Sweets451 members
Bake Sale126 members
Pot Luck Entertaining102 members
Sweet Treats15 members
Farm Country Cooking84 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
Oldies But Goodies113 members
Sugar From Mama13 members
Parties Potluck And Picnics18 members
Christmas Is Coming55 members