Slow Cooker Spiced Chicken StewFrom valinkenmore 7 years ago
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths shopping list
- 8 skinless chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 pounds total) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 stick cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted if desired shopping list
- couscous, for serving (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Place carrots in slow cooker. In a bowl, toss together chicken, garlic, cinnamon, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; add to slow cooker. Cover, and cook on high, 4 hours (or on low, 8 hours), adding raisins 15 minutes before cooking is done.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken and carrots to a dish (remove cinnamon stick); top with cilantro and almonds. Season cooking liquid with salt and pepper; spoon over chicken. Serve with couscous, if desired.
- OVEN METHOD: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In step 1, use a 5-quart Dutch oven or ovenproof pot with a tight-fitting lid, adding 1 cup water. Cover, and bake until chicken is tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Proceed with step 2.
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating4 people
great recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Oh yumm!!! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Way cool this will work well! can cook this from a chair easily.
Thanks great, its a keeper 5urkyle in loved it