French Onion DipFrom tuilelaith 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 vidalia onions, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rings shopping list
- 2 large shallots, sliced into 1/8-inch-thick rings shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 cups sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 teaspoon celery salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- chives, finely chopped, for garnish shopping list
- Veggie Tray or shopping list
- potato chips, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saute pan, heat the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and saute, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown and caramelized.
- Add the shallots and saute for 8 to 10 more minutes, until the onions and shallots are dark brown.
- Add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes, then chop the onion mixture into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, celery salt, Worcestershire sauce and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Fold in the onion mixture. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Garnish with chives and serve with veggie tray or potato chips of your choice.
- 3 and 1/2 cup of dip.
- Photograph by James Baigrie
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!