Cake BallsFrom dixiejet 6 years ago
How to make it
- Make whatever flavor box cake according to directions, in a 9X13 pan. Let cool .
- Tear up cake and put in a BIG bowl. Now you add a tub of store bought frosting, choose flavour accordingly. Of course, chocolate with chocolate, white with white, cream cheese with yellow, etc. Let your imagination and your taste be your guide!
- Squish your frosting into your torn up cake til it's like a
- play-doh consistency, & cake & frosting are evenly mixed.
- Now, either make balls with your hands, or whatever size scoop you want & let them dry for a bit on wax paper, some folks leave overnight, I just do a few hrs.
- Melt almond bark in med. sized bowl in the microwave .
- Dip cakeballs into melted bark & set on wax paper to dry.
- Some times I take a little frosting, thin it out a bit, & put in a sandwich bag, cut a corner off, & squeeze a pretty squiggly pattern on each cake ball.
- DO NOT refrigerate or the almond bark will melt & ruin your end result.
- Store loosely covered, they will keep a few days.
The Cookdixiejet Downsville, LA
The Rating20 people
Wow.... I really love the ways these look....
Awesome....zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
If you put in frig the almond bark melts?linebb956 in La Feria loved it
I can do these in our "team colors" for football parties! ;)angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!