Grilled Fish tacos with avocado and LimeFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 2 hass avocados—halved, pitted and peeled shopping list
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream or Greek yogurt shopping list
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro shopping list
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 small head of napa cabbage, shredded (4 cups) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for brushing shopping list
- 2 pounds thick red snapper fillets with skin, cut crosswise into ten 2- shopping list
- inch-wide strips shopping list
- Ten 7-inch flour tortillas, warmed shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced shopping list
- hot sauce, for serving shopping list
- lime wedges, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Light a grill.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocados, sour cream, jalapeño, red onion, cilantro and 3 tablespoons of the lime juice.
- Season the guacamole with salt and pepper and press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the guacamole.
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage with the 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and the remaining 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the fish with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over moderately high heat until lightly charred and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the fish to a platter and pull off the skin.
- To assemble each taco, spread a dollop of guacamole on a tortilla.
- Top with a piece of fish, a few tomato slices and a large spoonful of the cabbage slaw.
- Serve with the hot sauce and lime wedges.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
awsome family recipe thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it