Green Bean And Cherry Tomato SaladFrom sosousme 7 years ago
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed shopping list
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half, or 3 ripe tomatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar shopping list
- Pinch of sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup best quality extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil or parsley, (optional) shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Fill a sauce pan with water, season generously with salt; bring to a boil and add the green beans. Cook until crisp tender, about 4 - 5 minutes. Drain and plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain again and dry on a towel or paper towels Cut in half and combine them with the tomatoes in a bowl.
- Whisk the mustard, vinegar and sugar together in a small bowl; slowly add the oil in a steady stream, whisking it as you pour. When the dressing has thickened, whisk in salt and pepper, to taste. Pour the dressing over the beans and tomatoes and toss to mix. Allow to sit for at least 15 minutes. If you are going to allow it to sit longer than an hour, cover and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator at least an hour before serving to allow to come to room temperature.
- Per Serving: 162 Calories; 14g Fat (2g Sat, 10g Mono, 1g Poly); 2g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 56mg Sodium.