Chicken Breasts Glazed With Hot Pepper JellyFrom cuzpat 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoonshot pepper jelly shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breast halves, pounded lightly to an even thickness shopping list
- 2 tablespoonsunsalted butter shopping list
- 2 medium celery ribs, cut into 2-inch-long matchsticks shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon celery leaves, coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, combine the pepper jelly and mustard; set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over moderately high heat.
- When the foam subsides, add the chicken breasts and cook, turning once, until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Tilt the skillet and pour off most of the fat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water and shake the pan to loosen the browned bits on the bottom.
- Push the chicken to one side, add the celery matchsticks and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the pepper jelly mixture and the lemon juice to the pan and shake to coat the chicken with the sauce
- Cook until the sauce is reduced to a glaze, about 30 seconds.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the chicken to plates and spoon
- the celery matchsticks on top.
- Garnish with the celery leaves and serve at once.