Chicken In A Cream Sauce CasseroleFrom lor 5 years ago
- 8 ounces egg noodles or whatever pasta you have on hand shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups chicken, rotisserie or leftover cooked and chopped - skin removed shopping list
- 1 celery rib, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, reduced sodium is fine shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced, NOT canned shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas shopping list
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated and a handful of crushed sour cream and onion potato chips shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, saute celery, onion and mushrooms in butter until tender.
- Stir in the sour cream, milk, cream of chicken soup, chicken, mushrooms, peas, and noodles.
- Mix until well combined.
- Pour into a greased/sprayed 2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese mixed with a handful of crushed potato chips.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating7 people
I make and jar cream soups for casseroles as sodium is a problem with most of the Family and Friends I cook for. great post!
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
I know I will love this! Thanks for sending it.danadooley in Singapore loved it
Now you went and made me hungry! I can taste it already. Thanks.
Franksummerhillie in Summerhill loved it