Carrot-raisin BarsFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 cup minus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon firmly packed dark brown shopping list
- ½ tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 cup grated carrot shopping list
- ½ cup raisins shopping list
- ¼ cup egg substitute shopping list
- ¼ cup apple cider shopping list
- ¼ cup confectioners sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice. shopping list
How to make it
- 1)adjust oven racks to divide oven in thirds. Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 8” square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2)In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Add carrots and raisins and toss to coat with flour mixture.
- 3)Stir in egg substitute and cider, just until blended. Pour into prepared pan and bake in upper third of oven for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool at least 20 minutes on wire before icing.
- 4)To prepare icing, in a small bowl, combine sugar and juice; beat until smooth. Spread evenly over cooled bars.
- Serving size: 1 bar
- Calories per serving: 115, Fat:0g, Sodium: 45mg, Carbohydrate: 16g
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating7 people
So yummy sounding!! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
I like it very muchhungrybear in Miner loved it
Mmmmmm, I have a recipe very similar to this and I love it. HIGH 5!!!lor in Toronto loved it