KatsudonFrom davik 4 years ago
- 7 T soy sauce shopping list
- 6 T sugar shopping list
- sprinkling dashi (japanese bullion base similar to bonito flakes) shopping list
- 5 T mirin (sweet japanese rice wine) shopping list
- 2 T sake shopping list
- lean pork (typically two pork chops, adjust the amount of sauce appropriately for other amounts) shopping list
- egg shopping list
- panko (japanese breadcrumbs) shopping list
How to make it
- Slice pork thinly (1/4 inch maximum), dip in egg and then panko. Fry in vegtable oil until golden brown and completely cooked. Slice cooked pork in to 1 cm wide strips.
- Take two cup measuring cup, add one cup hot water, add first 5 ingredients.
- Divide pork in to 3 portions. Put 2/3 C of the sauce in a wok, over moderately high heat add a portion of pork and bring to a boil; when boiling crack an egg into the mix and stir rapidly with cooking chopsticks or a fork until the egg is cooked. Remove batch from the wok and repeat for remaining batches.
The Cookdavik Lansing, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!