Cranberry Apple ChutneyFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 5 oz pearl onions (1-1/2 c),peeled shopping list
- 8 dried Calimyrna figs,chopped (1c) shopping list
- 1-1/2 c water shopping list
- 1 c cugar shopping list
- 2 Tbs cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp coriander seeds shopping list
- 2 me. Pink Lady or gala apples,peeled and chopped (2-1/4c) shopping list
- 1 bag (12oz) cranberries (3c),picked over. shopping list
How to make it
- In 5 qt. saucepot,stir together figs,water,sugar,vinegar and coriander seeds until sugar dissolves. Heat to boiling;add onions and apples. Reduce heat ti med-low,simmer 25 mins or till apples are tender.
- Add cranberries and simmer 10 mins or till cranberries pop,stirring occasionally. Spoon chutney into serving bowl ;cover and refrigerate 3 hours or up to 4 days.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
Thanks Pat - this sounds wonderful. Saved and bookmarked.
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
Pat, did you use this in the MDC recipe? I used mango but I bet this would be great.m2googee in Tomball loved it
saved and bookmarked too sounds yummy thankscapedread in Peterborough. Cambridgeshire loved it