Dark Chocolate Caramel CornFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 16 cups popcorn (fresh popped popcorn works best) shopping list
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 cups dark chocolate or semi sweet chocolate baking chips shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- 2. Combine corn syrup, butter and brown sugar in saucepan; simmer over medium low heat to syrup consistency.
- 3. Bring to a slow boil for 5 minutes without stirring.
- 4. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda, salt and vanilla.
- 5. Pour over popcorn and toss to evenly coat.
- 6. Transfer to greased cookie sheets and bake uncovered for 1 hour; stirring several times during baking.
- 7. Transfer caramel corn to large bowl and cool; breaking up clumps.
- 8. To prepare chocolate covered popcorn: Reserve 8 cups caramel corn (1/2 batch).
- 9. Working in small batches, portion 1 cup chocolate chips into microwaveable measuring cup. Microwave for 60 seconds, stir, microwave an additional 20 seconds and stir until chocolate is smooth and melted.
- 10. Combine melted chocolate with 2 cups caramel corn and stir to evenly coat; using tongs or fork, transfer chocolate covered popcorn pieces to cookie sheet lined with wax paper and cool.
- 11. Repeat steps 9 and 10 with remaining chocolate chips and caramel popcorn.
- 12. Cool until chocolate has hardened. Transfer to serving bowls or decorative containers
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating6 people
YEAH, my Peeta is feeling better!!! Let's put this on your holiday list for my house! Have a great weekend, my friend!m2googee in Tomball loved it
So yummy sounding!! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Yumhungrybear in Miner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!