Barbecue Pulled ChickenFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 1 8-ounce can reduced-sodium tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chiles, drained shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sweet or smoked paprika shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Stir tomato sauce, chiles, vinegar, honey, paprika, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ground chipotle and salt in a 6-quart slow cooker until smooth. Add chicken, onion and garlic; stir to combine.
- 2. Put the lid on and cook on low until the chicken can be pulled apart, about 5 hours.
- 3. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred with a fork. Return the chicken to the sauce, stir well and serve.
- MAKE AHEAD TIP: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.