Thanksgiving Dinner RollsFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 1 cup active sourdough starter (preferably rye fed) shopping list
- 1/2 cup warm milk shopping list
- 1 cup warm water shopping list
- 1 tsp dry active yeast shopping list
- 3 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 2 cups rye flour shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 tsp gluten flour (vital wheat gluten) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp fennel seeds shopping list
- 1 tbsp canola oil shopping list
- 3 oz dried cranberries shopping list
- 3 oz chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, combine the sourdough starter, milk, water, yeast and sugar. Let stand 10 minutes, until foamy.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, salt, cinnamon and fennel seeds.
- With the mixer on low speed (or a sturdy wooden spoon), add half the flour mixture to the proofed yeast.
- Add the canola oil, followed by the remaining flour mixture.
- Increase the speed to medium and mix / knead for 10 minutes.
- Add the dried cranberries and pecans and mix / knead briefly to incorporate.
- Turn dough into a lightly greased bowl, turning to grease the top.
- Cover and let rise 1 1/2 hours, until doubled.
- Deflate dough gently and press evenly into a lightly greased 9 x 13" rectangular pan.
- Use a lightly greased bench scraper or sharp knife to cut the dough into 12 pieces.
- Cover and allow dough to rise 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake the rolls for 30-35 minutes, then turn out of the pan immediately, separate rolls and cool on a wire rack.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating2 people
Sound so goodhungrybear in Miner loved it