Stuffed Chile Cheeseburger with Warm-Tomato RelishFrom cuzpat 4 years ago
- Warm-tomato Relish: shopping list
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, no-salt added, drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar shopping list
- Chile Cheeseburgers: shopping list
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced, mild green chiles, drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded, reduced-fat cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup canned, sliced black olives, drained shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 4 lettuce leaves (optional) shopping list
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted shopping list
- For Warm-tomato Relish: shopping list
- Combine the tomatoes, sugar, cornstarch and cumin in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from the heat; stir in the vinegar. Keep warm. shopping list
- For Chile Cheeseburgers: shopping list
- Combine the chiles, cheese and olives in a small bowl; set aside. shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the beef, salt and pepper in a separate bowl, mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape beef into 8 (4-inch) thick patties. Place 1/4 cup of the chile-cheese mixture in the center of 4 of the patties. Place one of the remaining patties on top of the mixture-topped patties. Press the edges tightly together to seal.
- Grill the patties over medium-hot coals for 8 to 10 minutes or until the burgers are cooked to the desired doneness, turning once. The internal temperature of the patties should be 160°F. Place one burger on each of four lettuce-lined, bun halves, if desired.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the warm-tomato relish mixture on each burger; top with remaining bun halves and serve.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating4 people
YUM & WOWIE GOOD
Thanks for the share!
We stuffed 5 forks on the buns for your efforts.
Joliejolielives in The Catskill Plateau loved it
sigh, I am I going to make all of the good recipes you put out here. I will never have this kind of time!!!! LOL! Thanks for the great recipe(s). Keep them coming!tuilelaith in Columbia loved it
Very nice and good and wowhungrybear in Miner loved it