Sweet Potato Leek and Ham SoupFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
How to make it
- Saute the ham in the oil in bottom of sauce pan.
- Remove ham and set aside.
- In ham flavored oil, saute the leek along with 1 tbsp of water until softened.
- Add potatoes, water, broth, and fat free milk to pot.
- Bring to boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes until the potatoes are very tender.
- Remove half of the soup and puree until smooth.
- Add ham back into the soup.
- Heat a minute and ladle and serve.
- Garnish with chopped green onions (and chopped crispy bacon if you were me!)