Orange Soaked Pound CakeFrom marthacheves 5 years ago
How to make it
- Grate the peel from the orange and set aside.
- Squeeze the juice from the orange into a small saucepan.
- Add the cornstarch and mix until dissolved.
- On medium-high heat bring the juice to a boil.
- Boil for about 1 minute stirring constantly. Juice will thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar, vanilla and grated orange peel. Using a skewer poke holes into your cake.
- While sauce is still warm, drizzle over cake allowing to seep into cake.