Molasses Drop CookiesFrom rainy 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup light molasses shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour milk shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 2 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts shopping list
How to make it
- Cream shortening and sugar with molasses. Add sour milk and beaten egg. Set aside.
- Sift baking soda, salt, flour and spices together and gently mix with creamed mixture.
- Fold in raisins and nuts.
- Chill for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees , drop batter by rounded teaspoon onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for approx. 12 minutes.
- Should yield 2 - 3 dozen depending on how big you spoon the batter onto the cookies sheet.
The Cookrainy Jackson, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!