Garlic Shrimp SoupFrom notyourmomma 5 years ago
- 8 cups of chicken broth shopping list
- 2 full heads of garlic, peeled and separated shopping list
- 2 cup of water shopping list
- 2 inch piece of lemon grass, smashed shopping list
- 2 quarter size pieces of ginger, peeled and smashed shopping list
- 1 lb. small peeled shirimp shopping list
- fresh mint leaves shopping list
- shelled edamame shopping list
- shitake mushrooms shopping list
- small package of buckwheat noodles shopping list
- crushed red pepper shopping list
- toasted sesame oil shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the garlic, lemon grass & ginger in the water, gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the liquid and garlic/ginger solids to the broth and cook another 10 minutes.
- Strain to remove solids pressing the solids to release as much liquid as possible into the broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the noodles, reduce heat
- Add the shrimp, edamame, mushrooms and cook until noodles are done.
- Garnish with a drizzle of toasted sesame oil and a pinch of crushed red pepper and fresh mint leaves.