SPINACH-STUFFED PIZZAFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 loaf ( 1 pound ) frozen bread dough, thawed shopping list
- 1 package ( 10-oz ) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry shopping list
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms shopping list
- ½ cup chopped onion shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 2 cups ( 8-oz ) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese shopping list
- ½ cup pizza sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbs. shredded Parmesan shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Preheat oven at 400.
- 2)Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down; divide into thirds. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough into a 10-inch circle. Transfer to a 9-inch spring-form pan previously coated with non-stick cooking spray. Press dough onto bottom and up sides of pan.
- 3)In a bowl, combine the spinach, mushrooms, onion, salt and pepper. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese over crust. Cover with spinach mixture; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. On a lightly floured surface, roll out a second portion of dough into a 10-inch circle; place over cheese layer. Pinch together top and bottom crust. ( save remaining dough for another use.)
- 4)Bake at 400 for 25 – 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread pizza sauce over top crust; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5 – 6 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Serving size is one piece
- Calories per serving: 285, Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 23mg, Sodium: 712mg, carbohydrate: 35g
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating5 people
great recipe thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Very goodhungrybear in Miner loved it
Sound very nice! love it!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it