Stuffed Garlic Spinach BreadFrom canned_food_fan 4 years ago
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) no-salt-added chopped, spinach, drained and squeezed dry shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced, canned red bell peppers (pimentos) shopping list
- 12 large black olives, chopped (optional) shopping list
- Pinch crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided shopping list
- kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 pound frozen pizza dough, thawed shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and stir 30 seconds. Remove from heat and stir in spinach, peppers, olives, crushed pepper, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Roll out pizza dough into a 12-inch round using just enough flour on the work surface and dough to keep it from sticking. Brush off excess flour and transfer dough to a baking sheet. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese over the center and mound the spinach mixture on one side of the dough leaving a 1/2-inch border of exposed dough at the edge. Brush the exposed edge with water, and fold the other side of the dough over top, stretching it so that it completely encases the filling. Firmly pinch the edges together sealing the filling inside. Cut 4 slits in the top and brush with remaining olive oil. Bake until crisp and brown, about 20 minutes; cool 10 minutes before serving. Cut in 6 wedges.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving(without olives): Calories 350; Total fat 10g; Saturated fat 1.5g; Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 780mg; Total carbohydrate 50g; Fiber 3g; Protein 12g; Vitamin A 40%DV*; Vitamin C 35%DV; Calcium 15%DV; Iron 20%DV
- * Daily Value
- Serving size: 1 slice (with 2.5 ounces bread plus filling)
The Cookcanned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating4 people
Nicehungrybear in Miner loved it
wow, I just made this for dinner tonight. Delicious!! I did omit the black olives but this was so flavorful. 5 forks from me!kelly14843 in Hornell loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!