Butternut Squash PuddingFrom pointsevenout 5 years ago
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed shopping list
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 large necked butternut squash, yields 3 cups butternut squash glop shopping list
- 1.5 cans (12oz each) of evaporated milk shopping list
- Zest of 1 large orange rind shopping list
- 1 banana with sugar spots shopping list
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream shopping list
- ½ cup sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Wash squash, no soap. Cut squash in half where neck meets body. Cut squash neck horizontally. Cut squash body horizontally and scoop out strings and seeds. Steam squash for 45 minutes.
- Scoop squash out of shell and run through a potato ricer. Blend squash with a stick immersion blender until creamy.
- Combine dark brown sugar through salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time blending well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and butternut glop blending well.
- Add milk and blend.
- Squeeze banana through a potato ricer and pour zest onto banana.
- Pour butternut mix into top of a simmering double boiler; stir until thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in banana mix and let cool.
- Whip heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar a little at a time, whipping the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold half of cream into cooled thickened butternut banana mix then fold in the other half.
- Chill before serving.