Molasses Sugar CookiesFrom whodunitrdr 4 years ago
- 1 1/3 cups shortening ; melted shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup molasses shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 4 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar ; for coating cookies shopping list
How to make it
- Combine melted shortening, 2 cups sugar and molasses; add eggs.
- Stir together remaining ingredients, then gradually blend into molasses mixture.
- Chill in refrigerator.
- Scoop out dough using #40 scoop or roll into 1" balls.
- Roll in sugar and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 11 to 12 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE. They should still be puffed and look a little underdone when you take them out, they finish cooking as they cool.
- Let stand on baking sheet for a minute, then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Makes 4 1/2 dozen cookies.