Chicken - And - Mushroom RollsFrom tuilelaith 7 years ago
- 4 dried Chinese black mushrooms shopping list
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast, diced shopping list
- 2 ounces boiled ham, finely diced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled ginger shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chinese rice wine or dry sherry shopping list
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, plus more for dipping shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 large egg white shopping list
- 4 scallions, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely diced jicama shopping list
- 1 large head napa cabbage shopping list
- vegetable oil, for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the mushrooms in hot water for 30 minutes; drain.
- Remove the stems, then dice the caps and place in a food processor.
- Add the chicken, ham, ginger, 2 teaspoons salt, rice wine, sesame oil, soy sauce, cornstarch and egg white; pulse 3 or 4 times to form a coarse paste.
- Stir in the scallions and jicama.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Cut the top 3 or 4 inches off the cabbage and separate the leaves (reserve the bottom for another use).
- Place a heaping tablespoon of filling in the center of each leaf and roll up to enclose the filling.
- Place seam-side down on a plate.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the rolls and fry until the chicken is cooked through and the cabbage is golden, about 2 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels, then serve with soy sauce.
- Photograph by Sang An
- According to this website it is a vegetable:
- There are a few recipes on the site too!
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating6 people
this has all my favorite ingredients... I'm pretty sure Jicama is a veggie since it is a tuber...what ever it is I like it!!..five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
I like ithungrybear in Miner loved it
It so good!! and it get a five forks for suregoodeat in Benton loved it