Butternut Squash And Cidar SoupFrom lanabade 6 years ago
How to make it
- Place butternut squash halves on baking sheet
- Sprinkle on olive oil on each half
- sprinkle on salt on each
- Grind fresh pepper onto each half.
- Roast on preheated 375 degree oven about 40 minutes till flesh is softend.
- Remove from oven,cool till can handle
- Scrape cooked squash from skins into a large soup pot.
- Cover with chicken stock.cidar,and vegetables.
- Bring to a boil,stirring occassionally.
- Simmer about 1 hour.
- using a hand blender or stand blender,puree in small amounts.
- Reheat the thickened soup slowly
- If too thick add more cidar
- Serve with warm rolls or crackers..
The Cooklanabade Goshen, NJ
The Rating5 people
Sounds good! Five forks.mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
Sounds delish, and certainly healthy! High FIVE to you! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it