Baked Potato SoupFrom tuilelaith 5 years ago
- 4 ounces bacon, small dice shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 5 medium garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 medium russet potato, large dice shopping list
- 2 medium red potatoes, large dice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 quart (8 cups) chicken stock shopping list
- 1 sourdough baguette, cut into1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded aged cheddar cheese shopping list
- sour cream, for garnish shopping list
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Heat bacon in a large pot over medium-high heat until crisp and fat is rendered, about 7 minutes.
- Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plated with a slotted spoon and discard all but 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Return pot to stove and add onions and garlic.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add potato and stir to coat.
- Add vinegar and scrape up any browned bits.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until potato is fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 450degreesF and arrange a rack in the upper third.
- When soup is ready, ladle into 8- to 12-ounce ovensafe bowls and top with two baguette slices.
- Pile cheese and bacon on top and repeat to make 4 to 6 servings.
- Place on a baking sheet and place in oven until cheese is melty and browned, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly, top each bowl with a dollop sour cream and a sprinkling of green onions and serve.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating4 people
This would be one great soup!! five forks!!goodeat in Benton loved it
Soup just ain't broth and tiny bite of meat anymore are they!! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Goodyhungrybear in Miner loved it