Chai Tea MixFrom tuilelaith 4 years ago
- 1/2 cup instant tea shopping list
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup powdered coffee creamer shopping list
- 1/2 cup white or (better) brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon instant vanilla pudding mix shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a resealable container combine all of the ingredients and stir with a fork or a whisk to distribute everything evenly.
- Store on the pantry shelf.
- To Prepare: Combine 3 tablespoons Chai Tea Mix with 1 cup boiling water.
- Stir well to dissolve.
- Sip and savor.
- Cardamom is the ingredient that gives this recipe an authentic Indian flavor. To tell the truth though, it can be expensive and hard to find. If desired you can omit it completely or replace it with an equal amount of allspice. It will not be authentic Chai at that point, but it will be authentic Spiced Milk Tea, which is pretty much what Chai means. Some people add ground fennel or lemon peel to their Chai. I prefer this recipe made with brown sugar, but white sugar is cheaper and makes a prettier mix. Feel free to experiment with the flavors as you see fit.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating5 people
Sound very goodhungrybear in Miner loved it
Never had this before! have to make a cup! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Will have to try this too!! sound very easy to the soul! five forksgoodeat in Benton loved it