Skillet Gnocchi with Chard and White BeansFrom valinkenmore 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon (plus 1 teaspoon) extra-virgin olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 (16-ounce) shelf-stable gnocchi (usually found on the pasta aisle) shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 6 cups chopped chard leaves (about 1 small bunch) or spinach shopping list
- 1 can (15-ounce) diced tomatoes with italian seasonings shopping list
- 1 can (15-ounce) white beans, rinsed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until plumped and starting to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and onion to the pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat, for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and water. Cover and cook until the onion is soft, 4 to 6 minutes. Add chard (or spinach) and cook, stirring, until starting to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, beans and pepper and bring to a simmer. Stir in the gnocchi and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling, about 3 minutes.
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating5 people
I'm with you...gnocci is got to be the best comfort food there is! Five from me.mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
Sounds like a great, soul-warming dish...Thanks for posting it.sosousme in Santa Rosa loved it
great post thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!