Cod with Miso Glaze and Wasabi Mashed PotatoesFrom darbar 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat broiler. Blend miso, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and cayenne pepper in processor. With machine running, gradually pour in oil; blend until mixture is smooth. Place cod fillets in large bowl. Pour half of miso mixture over fish; toss to coat. Transfer to rimmed baking sheet.
- Broil cod 8 inches from heat until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Set oven at 450°F.; bake cod until opaque in center, about 5 minutes. Divide cod among 6 plates. Spoon Wasabi Mashed Potatoes alongside. Drizzle remaining half of miso mixture over cod and potatoes, if desired, and serve.
- Wasabi Mashed Potatoes:
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- Place potatoes in large pot of cold salted water. Boil until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Return to pot; mash.
- Combine 3/4 cup milk and 1 tablespoon wasabi powder in small bowl. Stir to dissolve powder. Add milk mixture and butter to potatoes. Using electric mixer, beat potatoes until fluffy and smooth. Season potatoes to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover and keep at room temperature. Rewarm mashed potatoes over low heat, stirring frequently.)
The Cookdarbar Brevard, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!