Apple Pecan Muffins with Brick CheeseFrom lor 5 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Canadian Brick cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt shopping list
- 1-1/3 cup (325 mL) peeled and diced apples (Crispin, Spartan, Ida red) shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped toasted pecans shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Butter nonstick muffin pans or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine all-purpose and whole wheat flours, cheese, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir in apples and pecans.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk, sugar and butter. Pour over dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan.
- For presentation purposes, sprinkle tops with extra diced apples and chopped toasted pecans.
- Bake for about 22- 25 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes then transfer to rack to cool completely.
- Nutritional Info
- Per serving -
- Energy 256 Calories
- Protein 7 g
- Carbohydrates 36 g
- Fat 10 g
- Fibre 2.4 g
- Sodium 112 mg
- Nutrient % DV -
- Calcium 15% / 167 mg
- Phosphorus 20%
- Folate 18%
- Thiamine 15%
- Vitamin B12 14%
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating5 people
fabulous !midgelet in Eastern loved it
Awsome recipe and post high5 Lor keepem cominmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
WOW!!!! wonderful and delicious .........thank you
hugs tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits280 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
Recipes For A Cause24 members
Parties Potluck And Picnics18 members
Apples Plain And Simple57 members
Canadian Eh30 members
Autumn Culinary Delights15 members