Red Lentil SoupFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 2 Tbs oil shopping list
- 1 lg. onion,chopped shopping list
- 1/2 bag (16oz) baby carrots,coarsely chopped (about 1-1/2 c) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin shopping list
- 3 large vegetable bouillon cubes shopping list
- 1 pkg. (1lb) red lentils,picked over and rinsed shopping list
- 1 bunch (about 3/4 lb) fresh kale,rinsed,stems removed,leaves coarsely chopped (about 8 c) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce shopping list
How to make it
- In large,deep pot heat oil over med-high heat. Add onion,carrots and cumin,cook 5 mins or till softened.
- Add bouillon cubes and 8 c water. Bring to simmer.. Add lentils. Cover,reduce heat to med-low and cook 10 mins.
- Uncover pot. Raise heat to high;stir in kale and salt. Cook 5 to 10 mins uncovered,stirring occasionally,or till kale is tender. Remove from heat;stir in hot sauce.
- I found kale to need a little longer,so,par- cook a little or leave soup on longer.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
Big pot of yum!!!wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
Another soup recipe that I would love to try soon. Thanks for sharing.cherryflower70 in Dibrugarh loved it
Thanks Pat - Now I can use my bag of lentils!valinkenmore in Malott loved it