Apple Cranberry StuffingFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 1 c butter (1/2 stick) shopping list
- 1 med. onion,chopped shopping list
- 3 stalks celery,chopped shopping list
- 3/4 c chopped apple (2 med) shopping list
- 3/4 c dried cranberries (craisins),divided shopping list
- 1 c slice almonds,divided shopping list
- 8-10 c dried bread crumbs (2/3-1 loaf) shopping list
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning shopping list
- 1 tsp marjoram shopping list
- 1/2 tsp thyme shopping list
- 1-2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper shopping list
- 4-6 c warm chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter 9x13 " baking dish and set aside. In large skillet, melt butter over med. heat. Add onion,celery,apple,1/2 c cranberries and 3/4 c of almonds;cook over med. heat till tender.
- In large bowl, combine bread crumbs,poultyry seasoning,thyme,marjoram,salt and white pepper. mix well. Add skillet mixture to bowl and toss. Add the chicken broth to the mixture,1 c at a time. Mix well after each addition. Add stuffing to baking dish and sprinkle remaining sliced almonds and cranberries over mixture. Spray a piece of foil and cover baking dish.
- Bake at 325 for approximately 45-55 mins.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating6 people
I posted a simular one a few days ago.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Mmmmmm yummy pleclare .............a great recipe thanks
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Great post Pat. We are having pork chops for dinner so I may cut this down and have it with them. Yum.
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it