Micheles Homemade Vegetable Beef SoupFrom conner909 7 years ago
- 1 pkg Soup bones shopping list
- 1 pkg. short ribs shopping list
- 1 pkg stew beef shopping list
- 3 tbsps canola oil shopping list
- 1 med. onion, diced finely shopping list
- 5 (14 oz.) cans Swanson’s beef broth shopping list
- 5 (14oz.) cans Swanson’s chicken broth shopping list
- 1 soda-sized can of V-8 juice shopping list
- 2-3 cups of water shopping list
- 1-2 cups finely diced carrots shopping list
- 1-2 cups finely diced celery shopping list
- 1 cup finely diced onion (yes, another onion) shopping list
- 4 fresh tomatoes, peeled and finely diced shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas shopping list
- ½ bunch finely chopped parsley shopping list
- 2 zucchini finely diced shopping list
- ½ head cabbage, shredded shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- Cut stew beef into bite-sized pieced.
- In stock pot, saute bones and beef in canola oil.
- When browned, add onion.
- Cook until onion is translucent(10 min.).
- Add broths , V8 juice and water.
- Bring to boil.
- Turn heat to simmer and simmer for 2 hours.
- This involves removing the bones and the meat,
- straining the liquid and then adding the meat back into the broth.
- Add vegetables, bring back up to the boil, then turn
- heat down again to simmer for another 2 hours.
- This is a labor-intensive recipe but is well worth the effort.
- Browning the meat first gives a richer base for the soup stock.
- Try substituting lima beans or potatoes, or noodles in place of the cabbage for an even heartier dish.
- It makes a lot! When cooled, you can freeze in Ziploc bags and serve on cold wintry days!
The Cookconner909 Whereabouts, Unknown
The Rating4 people
Sounds terrific - I save my prime rib bones and use them to flavor my soup along with the beef. The bones definitely add lots of flavor to any soups. Thanks for your recipe - I can't wait to try it!
Have a great day!
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
i love soups and stews and this one hits the spot right now love it michele.............thanks gf
hugs tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
You're on a roll!!!pleclare in Framingham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!