Sausage-Spinach Pasta CasseroleFrom coffeebean53 7 years ago
- 12 oz. baby spinach shopping list
- 8 oz italian sausage, remove from casings and crumble shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 TB flour shopping list
- 1 c. chicken stock shopping list
- 1 (14.5oz) can of diced tomatoes in juice shopping list
- 1 (16oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 lb. rigatoni, penne or ziti pasta cooked and drained shopping list
- 1/4 c. freshly grated parmesan cheese or more to suit taste shopping list
How to make it
- Wash spinach and set aside to drain.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until browned. Remove sausage and set aside.
- Saute the minced garlic and onion until fragrant.
- Put the spinach in the skillet and toss for no longer than 45 seconds. ( You just want to wilt it.)
- In a small bowl, stir the flour into the broth. Add to the spinach and bring to a boil.
- Add the tomatoes, beans and crushed red pepper.
- Simmer for about 6 minutes, stir in sausage and simmer for 1 minute longer.
- Toss the sauce with the hot pasta and parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately with extra parmesan cheese to sprinkle on.