Fried Meatballs And Spicy Cocktail SauceFrom lanabade 7 years ago
- 11/2 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb. ground pork. shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups plain dried bread cruimbs shopping list
- 1tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper. shopping list
- 2 cloves minced garlic. shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 28 oz. cans diced tomatoes with juice. shopping list
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce. shopping list
- 4 tsp.vegetable oil. shopping list
- 2 small onions,minced. shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves,minced. shopping list
- 2 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock. shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt. shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro,chopped to garnish. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl,mix together the ground beef and pork,eggs,breadcrumbs,salt,pepper,2 cloves of the minced garlic and water,using your hands.
- Form into 1 inch meatballs,and set aside on a piece of waxed paper.
- Pour the diced tomatoes into the container of a blender along wth the chipotle peppers.
- Blend until smooth.;set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch Oven.
- ,,over medium heat.
- Add the onion,cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in the remaining garlic and the cumin cook to release the aromas.
- Pour in the tomatoe mixture and chicken stock.
- season with the remaining tsp. of salt,mix well.
- Bring to a boil,then simmer,over low heat;7 .Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- Add meatballs,do not crowd them,fry in 2 batches if necessary.
- Cook until browned on the outside.
- Remove from skillet,and place into the pot of simmering sauce for about 30 minutes.
- For special occassions,serve these meatball in a chafig dish with the sauce.
- Garnish with cilantro.
The Cooklanabade Goshen, NJ
The Rating7 people
WOW!! good recipe! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Very goodhungrybear in Miner loved it
Sound like a winner!! five forksgoodeat in Benton loved it