Coconut Tartlets with Poached Pineapple and Mascarpone CheeseFrom canadianbakertoo 5 years ago
- 3 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut (such as Baker's Angel Flake, which has a fine texture) shopping list
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple (1/4-in. cubes) shopping list
- 1 cup pineapple juice shopping list
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Put coconut and butter in a medium bowl and stir until coconut is moist.
- Divide mixture evenly among tart pans and press into bottoms and up sides to form a thin shell. Put tart pans on a baking sheet and bake until shells are golden brown, rotating sheet halfway through, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes, then gently remove shells from tart pans and cool fully on a cooling rack.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine diced pineapple, pineapple juice.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pineapple is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer pineapple to a bowl and refrigerate, uncovered, until cool, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, increase heat to high and boil remaining liquid until thick and syrupy and reduced to 1/2 cup, about 2 minutes.
- Remove star anise and discard; refrigerate syrup, uncovered, until cooled to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir mascarpone and pineapple syrup together.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form.
- Stir half the cream into mascarpone mixture to lighten it, then gently fold in remaining cream.
- Divide cream filling evenly among tart shells, smoothing it with the back of a spoon or a small offset spatula.
- Spoon diced pineapple over cream filling, dividing evenly.
- Serve immediately.