Sweet Pepper TartFrom sosousme 7 years ago
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion shopping list
- 4 red bell peppers, halved, seeded and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced thyme shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 6 ounces goat cheese (Chevre) at room temperature shopping list
- 2 sheets frozen puff pasty, thawed shopping list
- Minced chives, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over low heat. Add the onions and bell pepper, cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Add the garlic, rosemary thyme and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Continue to cook until the vegetables are very soft, making almost a marmalade, about 15 minutes more. (Can be made in advance, cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before continuing.)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly butter a rimless baking sheet. Roll the puff pasty out on a lightly floured board, to 1/4 inch thick. Using a plate, cut each sheet into 4 circles, for 8 circles total (or you could cut into squares). Place the circles on the cooking sheet and prick the center all over with a fork (otherwise it will PUFF and throw all your toppings off). Gently spread the goat cheese on top, (or put dollops of it on, it will spread as it cooks); top with the pepper mixture, being sure to leave a one inch boarder around the edges.
- Bake in the center of the oven until the pasty is golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes, sprinkle with chives, if desired, then serve.