Cranberry SauceFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 1 14 oz. pkg fresh or frozen,thawed cranberries shopping list
- 1-1/2 c packed lt. brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c fresh orange juice shopping list
- 1/3 c Grand Marnier or Cointreau shopping list
- 8 whole black peppercorns shopping list
- 6 whole allspice berries shopping list
- 5 whole cloves shopping list
- 1 2" stick cinnamon,broken in half. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the cranberries,sugar,orangejuice,Grand Marnier in a 2 qt saucepan over med. heat. Place peppercorns,allspice,cloves,and cinnamon in a piece of cheesecloth and tie ends;add spice bundle to cranberry mixture.
- Cook,stirring often,until cranberries soften and mixture thickens,25-30 mins.
- Transfer mixture to medium bowl and refrigerate at least an hour to let flavors meld. Discard spice bundle and stir sauce before serving.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
Oh, I love the Grand Marnier with the cranberry, the peppercorns would be a great addition too.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it