Corn And Crab Meat BisqueFrom twill10 5 years ago
- corn and crab Meat Bisque shopping list
- Prepared by: Tony Chachere shopping list
- INGREDIENTS: shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 pound lump crab meat shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- ½ pound shredded swiss cheese shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- tablespoon chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 (15 oz.) can cream style corn shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion shopping list
- 1 (10 ¾ oz.) can cream of potato shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or a good white wine shopping list
- soup Tony’s creole seasoning shopping list
- 1 quart Half and Half shopping list
- ½ teaspoon mace shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic shopping list
How to make it
- In a 3 quart pot, melt butter and add flour to make a blond roux. Sauté onions until tender; add corn, soup, Half and Half, mace and crab meat. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat. Add cheese, parsley, green onions, and sherry. Season with Tony’s Creole Seasoning. Remove from heat and serve. Yields 12 servings.
- The recipe by twill10:
- This would be a good recipe for using a Bechamel Sauce and some good fish Fumet (fish Stock)and deleting the canned soup. I have made a recipe similar for years and always get asked for the recipe.. I leave out the onions ,mace and garlic in mine and I use the bechamel and then you don't need to make the blond roux (flour and butter) and the last thing I drop is the cheese. Sorry, I completely gave you a whole other recipe, but it works!
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
The Rating6 people
Thanks! good recipes!goodeat in Benton loved it
Indeed~ this recipe is a 'Cajun Classic'~
The "5"FORK!!!!! Variety!
I believe the 'secret' ingredient
is the 'Mace'~ When I lived and cooked
in New Orleans, so many times the recipes
that were shared with me by m...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Really good!! nice work!! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!